I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-15 19:13:23

AaronGant

Had lots of fun, really impressed. Thanks a lot.

I've played through the campaign three times now with two groups of friends.  I e-mailed them all links with a "OMG GET THIS!" message.  We have all really enjoyed the campaign.

I really like how it wasn't holding my hand the whole time as far as the layout went.  You could go left, or right, through the tunnel or around it etc.  They were obvious enough in most places that we could figure out that if we went this other direction it would probably loop back to the fork in the road we passed.  With that knowledge we made sure that next time we took all the alternate routes.

The manor was a bit confusing the first couple of runs, but my friends and I really enjoyed looking around and checking the manor out, so with just a couple of runs I've pretty well got the layout down.

On the finale, I really wasn't expecting a seaplane.  I thought it would be a boat, a helicopter, or a vehicle.  So first time ever we were at the helipad waiting, then we went "oh no, its not a helicopter, run to the dock!"  It was a lot of fun we all had another horde to push through to escape, it really added to it not knowing exactly what to be waiting for.   I'm not sure if its possible, but if you could add a helicopter and a vehicle and we not know which one is going to arrive each time that would rock!

We liked the details we found, the for rent sign on the house, the funny/silly family photos in the manor and other places the chicago ted scribblings.  The old safe rooms with the doors busted down, especially the one where all the writing was on the wall in the bathroom area. 

Some of us got stuck on debris of the helicopter crash and I got stuck in one of the doorways of the military tents.  Both times I was able to unstick myself with some erratic mouse shaking.

A quick question, what is The Underground way suppose to be?  It has this catacombs/winery feel, then a floodgate area, then a trainyard with heavy duty fallout doors.  It was the only area that felt kind of weird, I actually kept thinking I would see a Vampire down there instead of Francis just calling them that.  Even though it seemed a bit weird I think its my favorite.

Anyhow, thanks a lot, we all laughed and enjoyed another good round with Bill and the gang.  I hate coach, rochelle, and nick.

#2 2010-06-16 08:38:03

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Had lots of fun, really impressed. Thanks a lot.

AaronGant wrote:

I'm not sure if its possible, but if you could add a helicopter and a vehicle and we not know which one is going to arrive each time that would rock!

That would have definitely been a good idea.
I don't think we're gonna add it at this point, but still, I like the idea.

AaronGant wrote:

Some of us got stuck on debris of the helicopter crash and I got stuck in one of the doorways of the military tents.  Both times I was able to unstick myself with some erratic mouse shaking.

The helicopter issue is already fixed, but not the military tent one. Could you post another topic in the bug reports section with details on how you got stuck there?

AaronGant wrote:

A quick question, what is The Underground way suppose to be?

Let's just say we tried to make something a bit more varied that just some sort of 'catacombs/crypts' because the level was incredibly huge and would have been indredibly boring too. I must confess there's no particular logic between the elements smile

Board footer