I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-07 12:55:50

GrossKopf
Website

Setting this up on a dedicated server

Ok, so I have my L4D server running with the VPK in the left4dead folder. What is the first map name? I am using HLSW and it's not listing any custom maps when I go to the Change Level tab.

#2 2010-06-07 13:21:49

Cameron:D
Website

Re: Setting this up on a dedicated server

The first map is l4d_ihm01_forest.
It won't show up as a custom map because it is in the vpk file and not in the maps folder.

#3 2010-06-07 13:31:53

GrossKopf
Website

Ok, I added +map l4d_ihm01_forest to my command line and now the server won't even start.

#4 2010-06-07 13:51:42

GrossKopf
Website

Nevermind, I think it was an issue with the command line wiping out. I'm reinstalling my server. If I have any more problems, I'll post here again! smile

#5 2010-06-07 14:06:15

GrossKopf
Website

Geez, I don't know if this is a problem with my server or something that this mod does...

Reinstalled server - Worked with default
Moved the .vpk file into the left4dead folder and the server wouldn't start
Moved the .vpk file OUT of the left4dead folder and the server started
Moved the .vpk file back into the left4dead folder and the server started
Added +map l4d_ihm01_forest to command line and server wouldn't start
Removed +map l4d_ihm01_forest from the command line and server still wouldn't start
Moved the .vpk file out of the left4dead folder (so we're at default again) and the server won't start again!

Does the mod create some files or a folder anywhere when it's run for the first time?

Can someone that has this running on their server tell me where they put the .vpk file and what their command line looks like?

#6 2010-06-07 14:15:23

GrossKopf
Website

Continuing my trouble shooting, I ran the server from the desktop with the .vpk in the left4dead folder, and added +map l4d_ihm01_forest to the command line. When it started, there's an error that says:

CModeLoader::Map_IsValid:  No such map 'maps/l4d_ihm01_forest'
map load failed: l4d_ihm01_forest not found or invalid

Last edited by GrossKopf (2010-06-07 14:15:38)

#7 2010-06-07 14:34:27

GrossKopf
Website

Ok, it's operator error. Disregard my post. I thought on the server, the file had to be in the left4dead folder but it had to be in the left4dead\addons folder, just like on the client. smile

#8 2010-06-07 16:30:25

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Yes, same as on the client, the addons folder.
Valve did a good job on this part.

Board footer