I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-25 11:32:32

superw0rri0

Just an idea to the developers

I really love the campaign (from the review video (I only have L4D2)) and I noticed after reading on the L4D2 blog post that you are going to make the level more bright.

I for one love the fact that you are trying to appeal to more fans but I for one really love the way it is dark and mysterious. It just seems to fit the horror side of the game (which there really isn't much of).

So I was wondering if it was possible to make 2 versions of the map. The current and the brighter. If not it's fine... it's still an amazing map from the looks of it but if this is possible that would be nice.

If has already been said i'm sorry.... it's 4:30 over here and i'm too tired too search...

Thanks

#2 2010-06-25 12:37:07

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Just an idea to the developers

Believe me, our goal isn't to make it bright, it's to make it bright enough for people who own low quality monitors or don't bother configuring it. The ambient lighting will just be increased a bit and a few light sources will be added in places where it was really dark (ie: the beginning of the fourth level). We'll already have to maintain two versions with the L4D1 and L4D2 ones, we won't maintain 4.

Board footer